- Scheduled appointments with an Academic Advisor are offered to admitted and matriculated
undergraduate students with majors and/or minors in CHABSS and CSM.
- If you have recently been admitted to CSUSM and have not yet attended a new student
orientation, please DO NOT schedule an academic advising appointment until AFTER you
have attended orientation.
- Be sure to run your ARR and Degree Planner before attending your next academic advising appointment.
Scheduling an Appointment
- You can schedule your appointment by phone, online, or in person.
- Instructions on how to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor.
- When you schedule an appointment, you will receive a confirmation email.
- Appointments can be made within 1 hour to 14 days in advance.
- Appointment length is 30 minutes.
- Appointments cannot be scheduled more than once per week.
- You will be required to present/confirm your student ID or username when you check
in for your appointment.
No Show Policy
In an effort to be fair and equitable to all students, Undergraduate Advising Services
enforces a “no-show” policy. This policy is not designed as a punishment; rather,
it serves as a reminder to be respectful of fellow students’ time.
- Please be courteous to other students by cancelling your appointment if you are unable
- Please arrive on time. Students who arrive 15 minutes or more after their scheduled
appointment will be asked to reschedule and will be recorded as a “no-show”.
- Students who "no show" or do not cancel their appointment on two occasions forfeit
their right to schedule further advising appointments for a 60-day period.
- Before your scheduled appointment, you must cancel online, by phone at 760-750-4060, or in person at Craven Hall 1300.
- If you fail to cancel your appointment, it will be recorded as a “no-show”.