About the Major:
The Special Major allows highly motivated students the opportunity to develop an individualized
program of study that cannot be realized within a single academic discipline or available
major. The special major consists of a closely monitored program of study in two or
Steps to Propose and Declare a Special Major:
- Review the Special Major Student Learning Outcomes.
- Review the Conditions for a Special Major.
- Review the Restrictions of a Special Major.
- After you have completed the above steps and you feel you are qualified to pursue
a Special Major, email Dr. Domenica Pearl with your proposed Special Major concept, goals and objectives.
- If it is determined your concept is potentially acceptable, you will be referred to
the Special Major Program Director for final approval and to develop your program
- If the Special Major Program Director approves your proposed Special Major, you must
declare the Special Major in your Student Center.