The process for applying to CSU San Marcos using the CSU Mentor online application is easy. Pay particular attention to the residency section of the application:
- When completing the application leave the section requesting your Social Security Number blank.
- On Screen 3, answer all questions completely and select "None of the Above" for Citizenship status.
- On Screen 4, complete all questions as they pertain to your stay in California.
- Complete the entire application, being careful to ensure accuracy of information. Upon completion and submission of the application you will receive a notice from CSU San Marcos confirming submission of your application. The communication will also provide you with your Student ID number.
- In addition, you must complete the California Non-Resident Tuition Exemption Request form. After high school graduation, submit an official copy of your high school transcripts.
Please send the California Non-Resident Tuition Exemption Request form and your official high school transcripts to:
Admissions & Recruitment
ATTN: Admissions Processing CSU San Marcos
333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Road
San Marcos, CA 92096-0001