department menu

Curriculum Forms


(Please use plain white paper when printing these forms - colored paper should not be used.)

Assessment Information and Assistance

Curriculog Information and Training

"Regular" Course Forms

A pair of useful reference items:


Extended Learning Course Forms

Form Action
E-T Form Offering a special topics degree-credit (i.e., "regular") course through Extended Learning
X Form

Extension Course Proposal Form
Offering a non-degree Extension Credit course* through Extended Learning
*A course, carrying University credit approved/established by the academic department but not listed in the General Catalog, which is designed primarily to address the needs of a specified client group or audience. These are professional-level courses which do not typically apply to credentials or degrees offered by the University.
Reference:  Extended Learning Definitions list
For information about Extended Learning curriculum planning, please contact:
Aaron Guy
Associate Dean of Programming, Extended Learning 

Program Forms

Action Form to Be Completed (Unless Specified Otherwise, Each Link Opens a Word Document)
Adding a New Degree Program to the University Academic Master Plan (UAMP) Complete an Abstract Form (A Form)

Proposing a New Degree Program (BA, BS, MA, MS, etc.)

[Note that such programs must first be placed on the University Academic Master Plan (UAMP). See the A Form immediately above.]

(effective November 14, 2014)

1.  Review the TIPS for Completing a Successful Program Proposal.This is an explanation of the items in the Proposal Template with examples that will help you understand what is required.

2.  Complete the New Program Proposal Template.  Following the directions given in the footnotes of the template and the TIPS document referenced in #1 above will greatly simplify the approval process for this proposal. The footnotes may be deleted from the completed proposal.

3.  Attach a completed P Form Signature Page as a cover sheet to the proposal. 

4.  Complete the CSUSM Degree Proposal Checklist

5.        For State-Support Programs:

Signature lines 1a, 1b, 1c and 2 of the P Form Signature Page are completed first, then the package is submitted to the COLLEGE CURRICULUM COMMITTEE.

After College level review, obtain signatures 4a, 4b, 4c, 4d, 4e, and 5, then submit to ACADEMIC PROGRAMS, who will forward to UCC and BLP.

Proposing a New Minor, Option, Track, Concentration, or Credential Program

Elevating an existing Option within a current Major to a stand-alone Major

Proposing a New Certificate

Changing an existing program

Complete a Program Change Form (P-2 Form)  Please include Catalog Copy indicating changes to the program with your P-2 form.


General Education Certification Forms

Note that GE Forms supplement but do not replace ordinary course forms. So,

  • If this is a new course, a C Form needs to be filed together with the appropriate GE form;
  • But, if this is an existing course which is not being changed, only the appropriate GE form needs to be filed (no other forms are needed);
  • If this is an existing course which is being changed, a C-2 Form needs to be filed together with the appropriate GE form;
  • If this is the first offering of a special topic course for which GE credit is being sought, a T Form needs to be filed together with the appropriate GE form. 
  • If a topic course that has GE certification is converting to a permanent course with GE, BOTH a C-form and a GE form must be submitted together. GE credits do not carry over from the topic course to the permanent course.
GE Requirement Form to Be Completed (each link opens a Word Document)
  • A1 Oral Communication
  • A2 Written Communication
  • A3 Critical Thinking
  • B1 Physical Science
  • B2 Life Science
  • B4 Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning
  • BB Upper-Division Science and/or Mathematics
  • C1 Arts
  • C2 Humanities
  • CC Upper-Division Arts and Humanities
  • D7 Interdisciplinary Social Sciences
  • D Discipline-Specific or Second Interdisciplinary Social Sciences
  • DD Upper-Division Social Sciences
  • E Lifelong Learning and Information Literacy