Curriculum Forms 

(Please use plain white paper when printing these forms - colored paper should not be used.)

"Regular" Course Forms

A pair of useful reference items:

Extended Learning Course Forms

A useful reference item is the Extended Learning Definitions list

Action Form to Be Completed (Each Link Opens a Word Document)

Offering one or more (non-special topics) degree-credit (i.e., "regular") courses through Extended Learning 

Offering a special topics degree-credit (i.e., "regular") course through Extended Learning
Offering a non-degree Extension Credit course* through Extended Learning

* A course, carrying University credit approved/established by the academic department but not listed in the General Catalog, which is designed primarily to address the needs of a specified client group or audience. These are professional-level courses which do not typically apply to credentials or degrees offered by the University.

Program Forms

Action Form to Be Completed (Unless Specified Otherwise, Each Link Opens a Word Document)
Adding a New Degree Program to the University Academic Master Plan (UAMP) Complete an Abstract Form (A Form)

Proposing a New Degree Program (BA, BS, MA, MS, etc.)

[Note that such programs must first be placed on the University Academic Master Plan (UAMP). See the A Form immediately above.]

Complete the New Program Proposal Template.   Following the directions given in the footnotes of the template will greatly simplify the approval process for this proposal. These footnotes may be deleted from the completed proposal.

TIPS for Completing a Successful Program Proposal

Table referenced in the New Program Template:   

  • "Table II" (for Item 4.a.) [Excel file]

Attach a completed P Form Signature Page as a cover sheet to the proposal.

Proposing a New Minor, Option, Track, Concentration, or Credential Program
Proposing a New Certificate
Changing an existing program Complete a Program Change Form (P-2 Form)

General Education Certification Forms

Note that GE Forms supplement but do not replace ordinary course forms. So,

  • If this is a new course, a C Form needs to be filed together with the appropriate GE form;
  • But, if this is an existing course which is not being changed, only the appropriate GE form needs to be filed (no other forms are needed);
  • If this is an existing course which is being changed, a C-2 Form needs to be filed together with the appropriate GE form;
  • If this is the first offering of a special topic course for which GE credit is being sought, a T Form needs to be filed together with the appropriate GE form. 
GE Requirement Form to Be Completed (ench link opens a Word Document)
  • A1 Oral Communication
  • A2 Written Communication
  • A3 Critical Thinking
  • B1 Physical Science
  • B2 Life Science
  • B4 Mathematics/Quantitative Reasoning
  • BB Upper-Division Science and/or Mathematics
  • C1 Arts
  • C2 Humanities
  • CC Upper-Division Arts and Humanities
  • D7 Interdisciplinary Social Sciences
  • D Discipline-Specific or Second Interdisciplinary Social Sciences
  • DD Upper-Division Social Sciences
  • E Lifelong Learning and Information Literacy