Mathematics Acceleration Program in the Summer (MAPS)
MAPS is an ideal program for students who want to enhance their math skills during the summer before their first semester of college.
- Designed for incoming first-year students who did not pass the ELM
- Students participate in a 6 week intensive summer mathematics program just prior to their first Fall semester
- Combines an innovative on-line mathematics instruction tool, ALEKS, with highly individualized classroom instruction
- Students retake the ELM at the end of the program and receive customized advising to insure placement in the correct math course for Fall
- Small class size insures plenty of time for one-on-one and small group instruction in a supportive environment