- Undergraduate Advising Services Home
- Advising Scheduler
- Articulation Agreements
- ARR Correction Form
- Drop-in Advising
- General Education Worksheets
- Graduation Requirements
- Major & Minor Worksheets
- Mission Statement
- Orientation Advising
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Academic Success Checklist
- Reinstatement Procedures
- "How To" Guides & Student Resources
- Team Directory
- Tests & Exams
- Unit Limitation
Overcoming Academic Probation:
Do you find yourself currently on Academic Probation and possibly concerned about the risk of Academic Disqualification?
Strategies for Academic Success
If so, there are a number of resources available to you.
When students are placed on Academic Probation they are contacted via email by the Office of the Registrar. You will be given a number of options to choose from that are all designed to support you as you strive to improve your academic performance.
Some of these options will include:
- Communicating with the CSUSM Student Academic Success Coordinator (*If you are an EOP, TRiO, ACE or CAMP student, do not schedule an appointment with the Student Academic Success Coordinator, you must meet with your program counselor instead)
- Setting an appointment with either your Academic Advisor or Program Advisor/Counselor
- Attending an Academic Success Workshop
- Viewing the Academic Success Workshop material online
We realize that various factors may have played a role in causing you to be placed on academic probation, however, it is important for you to acknowledge that it is ultimately your responsibility to maintain a satisfactory GPA each semester.
The below resources are not intended to take the place of the above options, but may prove helpful to you as you work to improve your academic performance.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions about Probation
- Understand how to determine your GPA
- Online Tutorial: Active Listening and Effective Note Taking
- Online Tutorial: College Reading
- Online Tutorial: Making More of Your Time
- Schedule an appointment with the Student Academic Success Coordinator* (select "Student Academic Success Coord" from the advising topic drop-down menu)