- B.A. in Liberal Studies, Border Studies Option
- Minor in Border Studies
- Depth of Study Module in Border Studies for students in the ESM and ICP Options of the Liberal Studies major (PDF)
The Border Studies programs are designed for students who want to acquire knowledge and skills regarding the dynamics that occur in regions where multiple communities come into overlapping contact and where borders of all sorts both divide and create communities. Border Studies is particularly suited for students who want to become service professionals working within border regions in careers such as city planning, public policy, the health professions, border patrol, education, and public administration. The Border Studies curricula provide an interdisciplinary exploration of the geopolitical, linguistic, cultural, and social frontiers that shape the development of border communities.
BORDER STUDIES FACULTY
- Professor Jocelyn Ahlers
- Professor Nicoleta Bateman
- Professor Vivienne Bennett
- Professor Jule Gómez de García
- Professor Greig Guthey
- Professor Kimberley Knowles-Yánez
- Professor Robert Yamashita
The Border Studies programs are offered by the Liberal Studies Department...