If you encounter any issues accessing material within a Cougar Course, site used in place of a Cougar Course, or www.csusm.edu web page, please submit it in the Student Accessibility Form.
Things to consider reporting:
- Unreadable PDFs
- Uncaptioned videos within a CSUSM environment, such as Mediasite (please no YouTube links)
- PDFs that are not OCR scanned or tagged with headings
- Word Docs that are not tagged
- Images without alt. text
The list at the left are of some helpful, campus endorsed programs or tutorials on making your content accessible to all viewers:
- PDFgoHTML: is a free Adobe Acrobat Plug-in that converts PDFs into easy to read HTML. The Plug-in offers the features such as:
- Browser Default: a clean, easy to read version of the document with high contrast.
- Basic: a clean, easy to read version of the document with a light grey background.
- Easy Reader: this setting is ideal for tablets, phones, and other devices.
- Inverted: black background with white text.
- Low Vision: large text for easy reading.
- Dyslexia: a special font is used that makes deciphering letters easier to read.
- Read & Write Gold is a literacy software that assists readers and writers in organizing and understanding content.
- Bookshare an accessible, online library for people with print disabilities. Free membership is offered to U.S. students!