STANDARD PRACTICES of ARTS & LECTURES
- A&L sponsors events as requested on the proposal and are subject to approval.
- The Arts & Lectures committee decides on which events are chosen based on relevance to CSUSM's mission, campus and community impact and scope of appeal.
- A&L funding awards are based on a school-year-by-school-year basis.
- A&L is the primary coordinator for all events awarded through this program unless prior arrangements have been made and discussed with the
- A&L provides financial support for standard tech fees for on-campus venues.
- A&L provides publicity for the event in a semester brochure and on website postings and social media.
- A&L provides a house manager and staff at the door, to scan tickets and assist with seating guests.
- A&L aspires to keep events free of charge for students.
- If requested, proposer receives a maximum of 5 complimentary tickets. If additional complimentary tickets are required, please contact A&L. Faculty, staff, and members of the broader community will be charged for tickets. All proceeds benefit programmatic growth.
- A&L encourages co-sponsorships within your college.
- A&L encourages student proposals that are co-signed and linked to a faculty member or a student organization.
- A&L is unable to provide funding and support for receptions and food.
- A&L cannot coordinate travel, housing, or hospitality. (Find local travel information here)
- A&L prepares guest lecturer/artist contract(s) and facilitates the payment process once the contract is completed and returned. (Checks are mailed directly to the guest within 30 days following the event providing that all required documentation has been completed and returned by specified deadline.)
Note: Payment contracts are emailed directly to the proposer for assistance with coordinating deadlines with the guest lecturer/artist. Advanced payments or deposits are not provided by A&L.
- Proposers may submit multiple applications for separate events.