Graduate Conditional Admission
The application for Conditional Admission to a California State University San Marcos graduate program has three parts:
For the ALCI APPLICATION, you must submit:
*Use Application Checklist to make sure everything is complete.
- A completed, signed ALCI Application Form.
- A $300 Conditional Admission application fee (non-refundable) payable by credit card or check to "CSUSM." This includes the ALCI application and express mail fee. The express mail fee may be higher depending on your home country.
- An original bank statement dated within the past six months, showing a minimum balance of $33,581.
- A photocopy of your passport.
- ALCI Tuition Fee made payable to “CSUSM” (refundable if you cannot receive a Visa) or a Financial Guarantee must be submitted (SACM Students).
For the CSUSM APPLICATION, you must submit:
- A completed CSUSM International Student Application form. This form MUST be submitted online.
- A $55 CSUSM application fee payable by credit card online or by separate check to "CSUSM."
- Official, sealed, unopened, original high school transcripts with certified English translation.
- Official, sealed, unopened, original transcripts from each college or university you attended with certified English translation.
- Official, sealed, unopened certificate of high school graduation or diploma with certified English translation.
For the GRADUATE DEPARTMENT APPLICATION, you must:
- Visit the Office of Global Education website for a list of graduate programs and application requirements. Read the website information carefully.
- Submit a complete graduate department application and all required documents.
Incomplete applications and applications missing official documents will not be processed. Check your application carefully.
Submit CSUSM application online. Send the ALCI application, official transcripts, required documents, and fees to:
American Language & Culture Institute
California State University San Marcos
333 South Twin Oaks Valley Road
San Marcos, CA 92096-0001