- ALCI Home
- About the ALCI
- ALCI Programs
- Academic Preparation
- TOEFL Waiver
- Semester at CSU San Marcos
- University Bridge
- Language Travel
- Short Term Program Form
- Teacher Training
- Apply to the ALCI
- ALCI Housing
- ALCI Forms
- Contact the ALCI
- ALCI Student Activities
- Undergraduate International Admissions
- Graduate International Admissions
American Culture Experience
Fun in the Sun
We invite you to join the American Culture Experience (ACE) for two or four weeks of fun in the sun! Enjoy the California lifestyle, beaches, sun, and surf. Visit Disneyland, Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, and other local attractions. ACE is open to escorted groups ages 15 and older, and individuals who are at least 18 years of age or have a local contact.
View the American Culture Experience Slideshow.
View the 4-week sample calendar.
Language and Volunteering
American Culture and Community Service Learning Experience in Southern California!
Classes on campus at California State University San Marcos. Volunteer opportunities at senior centers, libraries, schools, community gardens, food banks and more! 2-4 weeks July 2014; custom programs available year-round for 15+ participants.
2014 ACE DATES & FEES
Available from January 6 to May 9 and June 9 to August 8, 2014
|Number of Weeks
- Homestay with an American family
- English communication classes taught by fully qualified instructors
- Fun, organized activities and tours
- Full-day trips to world-famous theme parks
- Picnics or beach BBQs
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily for on-campus activities and local trips**
- Much more!
To enroll submit:
- An ACE Enrollment Form (plus a $75 Enrollment Fee)
- An ACE Homestay Application(plus a $175 Homestay Application fee)
- A photocopy of your passport
- Participants who are under the age of 18 must submit the Medical Release Form
*Airport transfer from Los Angeles International Airport may be arranged by the group in advance for an additional fee.
**Students will purchase meals on their own for all-day excursions out of the San Diego area.
Custom programs are available during spring, summer, and fall for groups. Contact the ALCI at email@example.com or 760-750-3200 for details about custom programs or more information about the ACE program.