- ALCI Home
- About the ALCI
- ALCI Programs
- Academic Preparation
- TOEFL Waiver
- Semester at CSU San Marcos
- University Bridge
- Language Travel
- Short Term Program Form
- Teacher Training
- Apply to the ALCI
- ALCI Housing
- ALCI Forms
- Contact the ALCI
- ALCI Student Activities
- Undergraduate International Admissions
- Graduate International Admissions
Teacher Training Programs
for International Teachers of English
These short-term, intensive programs designed for groups focus on methods, materials, and techniques used to teach English as a Foreign Language. All sessions are taught by master teachers who have extensive experience in teaching EFL and ESL, teacher training, and curriculum development.
The Teacher Training Program provides opportunities for peer-teaching, discussion, and development of teaching materials and strategies. The program includes lectures and workshops, and class observations are also available.
As a participant, you review and improve your own language skills. You learn and practice techniques for teaching reading, writing, grammar, oral/aural skills, culture, video, and computer use. You also learn to develop effective lesson plans and tests.
You also receive:
- Full use of all University facilities, including the library, media center, and computer labs.
- Orientation, placement, and an information packet.
- Instructional supplies and materials.
- A Certificate of Completion.
- Accommodation in homestay (private bedroom with shared or private bath) and two meals per day.
- A two-month advance registration is recommended. To arrange a program for your group, contact email@example.com.
To enroll submit:
- Complete Teacher Training Program Enrollment Form
- Photocopy of your passport
- $100 Teacher Training program application Fee
- Bank statement, letter of government funding, or other sponsorship support (must be dated within the past 6 months)