- ALCI Home
- About the ALCI
- ALCI Programs
- Apply to the ALCI
- ALCI Housing
- ALCI Student Contact Information
- Future Plans
- Pre-Arrival Information
- New Student Orientation
- Health Insurance
- Medical Requirements
- Photo Gallery
- ALCI Forms
- Contact the ALCI
- ALCI Student Activities
- Undergraduate International Admissions
- Graduate International Admissions
Health Insurance Requirement
All ALCI students must have adequate health insurance coverage while they are in the United States. Your health insurance must meet the following California State University International Student Health Insurance requirements:
- The medical benefit is at least $250,000 per condition, with a co-payment of no more than 25%, and a deductible of no more than $100.
- Effective Fall 2013: August 20 - The medical benefit will be at least $500,000 per condition.
- The policy is valid as long as you are enrolled at ALCI.
- The repatriation benefit is at least $7,500.
- The medical evacuation benefit is at least $10,000.
- The policy provides equal benefits for men and women.
- The policy includes prenatal (pregnancy) and maternity coverage at no extra cost.
- The policy pays for pre-existing conditions after six months of continuous coverage.
To meet the health insurance requirement, you must either bring proof of health insurance from your country (with a copy of your policy in English) that meets these requirements OR buy CSU-sponsored health insurance after you arrive at ALCI. You must have health insurance coverage for the entire semester.
Visit the Wells Fargo Insurance Services website to enroll in the CSU-sponsored health insurance or to receive more information. Students may purchase health insurance online with a credit card or debit card. Students may also bring a check payable to: Wells Fargo Insurance Services to the ALCI Office. Cash is not accepted.