- ALCI Home
- About the ALCI
- ALCI Programs
- Apply to the ALCI
- ALCI Housing
- ALCI Student Contact Information
- Future Plans
- Pre-Arrival Information
- New Student Orientation
- Health Insurance
- Medical Requirements
- Photo Gallery
- ALCI Forms
- Contact the ALCI
- ALCI Student Activities
- Undergraduate International Admissions
- Graduate International Admissions
New Student Orientation
The ALCI welcomes and introduces new students to the program during New Student Orientation, which begins on the first day of each semester. The first day of Orientation is the start date on your I-20. All new students must come to New Student Orientation. New Student Orientation includes many fun and informational activities that will help you adjust to life at the ALCI.
Summer 2013 New Student Orientation
New Student Orientation begins on Monday, June 3 at 9:00 am. New students will receive a schedule by email 3-4 weeks before orientation begins. Contact the ALCI if you have questions.
Orientation Activities Include:
You must bring your passport, visa, I-20, and I-94 card with you on the first day of orientation. To register for classes you must pay tuition and fees. There is a $100 late fee for tuition paid after the payment due date listed on your invoice.
Testing & Placement
The ALCI will give you a test to determine your English level. This helps us place you in the correct classes. ALCI programs do not require TOEFL or other test scores. If you do not take a placement test during orientation, you must pay a $250 late testing fee.
You will see the new and modern facilities at CSU San Marcos. All buildings, classrooms, and labs have the latest technology.
During New Student Orientation, you will also:
- Meet the ALCI staff and instructors
- Make friends with other ALCI students
- Purchase your student ID card (bring $5 cash and your passport)
- Receive an ALCI student notebook with helpful information for new students
- Learn about the local area
- Purchase a parking permit or bus pass, if needed
- Join the gym and weight room on campus (extra fee required)
- Purchase textbooks
ALCI OFFICE LOCATION
The ALCI office is located on the California State University San Marcos campus in Academic Hall, Room 415.
Download a campus map.