- ALCI Home
- About the ALCI
- ALCI Programs
- Apply to the ALCI
- ALCI Housing
- Pre-Arrival Information
- New Student Orientation
- Health Insurance
- Medical Requirements
- ALCI Student Contact Information
- Future Plans
- Photo Gallery
- ALCI Forms
- Contact the ALCI
- Staff and Faculty Directory
- ALCI Student Activities
- Undergraduate Conditional Admission
- Graduate Conditional Admission
New Student Orientation
The ALCI welcomes and introduces new students to the program during New Student Orientation, which begins on the first day of each semester. The first day of Orientation is the start date on your I-20. All new students must come to New Student Orientation. There will be many fun and informational activities that will help you adjust to life at the ALCI.
Orientation Activities Include:
You must bring your passport, visa, I-20, and a copy of your I-94 with you on the first day of orientation. To register for classes you must pay tuition and fees. There is a $100 late fee for tuition paid after the payment due date listed on your invoice.
Testing & Placement
The ALCI will give you a mandatory test to determine your English level. This helps us place you in the correct classes. ALCI programs do not require TOEFL or other test scores. If you do not take a placement test during the first day of orientation, you must pay a $250 late testing fee.
You will see the new and modern facilities at CSU San Marcos. All buildings, classrooms, and labs have the latest technology.
During New Student Orientation, you will also:
- Meet the ALCI staff and instructors
- Make friends with other ALCI students
- Obtain your student ID card (bring your passport)
- Receive an ALCI student notebook with helpful information for new students
- Learn about the local area
- Purchase a parking permit or bus pass, if needed
- Join the gym and weight room on campus (extra fee required)
ALCI OFFICE LOCATION
The ALCI office is located on the California State University San Marcos campus in Academic Hall, Room 415.
Download a campus map.