Please check back in the spring for updated information about CHESS.
The California Higher Educatuib Student Summity (CHESS) is the only statewide conference planned specifically for CSU students.
Every year CHESS attracts student advocates from across the Golden State as well as university leaders, higher education policy experts, public officials and alumni.
Hosted by the California State Student Association (CSSA), CHESS XVIII will encourage and empower students to become change agents advocating for an accesible, affordable system of public higher education.
Who should attend?
- Students with a passion to be a cahnge agent in the community and influence public policy.
- Students interested in educational opporunities for all Californians.
- Students that are active in student government, student programming, or clubs and organizations on campus.
- Students interested in developing their leadership skills.
- Students with areas of study in leadership, public policy, political science, community development, and/or university administration.
- Students who want to understand how to influence California's lawmankers.
- Students who have an interest in California's government.
- Students who want to learn the skills necessary to create a change on their campus and/or in local communities.
- Students looking for the opportunity to network with other student leaders.
Space is limited, please contact Arthur Silverstein at 760.750.4992 for more information.