The responsibilities of this committee include:
- Plan and oversee all elections of the ASI Board of Directors in compliance with the
ASI Election Code, University Policies, California Non-profit Benefit Corporation
Law, California Education Code, and Title V.
- advertising matters and issues surrounding elections, including but not limited to
the application timeline, election dates, forums, and candidate meetings
- ensure that candidates are informed of and adhere to policies and procedures set forth
in the ASI Election Code.
- receive and respond to any and all grievances, appeals, or complaints brought against
The Elections Committee shall consist of the following members:
- Voting Members:
- Three (3) members of the ASI Board of Directors, who are not running for office
- Four (4) CSUSM students not affiliated with ASI, who are not running for office.
- Non-Voting Members:
- Dean of Students Office Designee
- Office of Inclusive Excellence Designee
- ASI Executive Director or designee
- ASI Assistant Director of Government Affairs & Initiatives
- ASI Media & Communications Coordinator
Learn more about ASI Elections at www.csusm.edu/vote