What is assessment?
Assessment on the Cal State San Marcos campus involves the systematic evaluation of student learning.
Why do we assess?
Cal State San Marcos strives to provide an excellent education for all students. To do this, we conduct annual evaluations of student learning via various assessment activities and program review.
Who oversees assessment?
University Assessment Council - Campus representatives from Academic and Student Affairs
- Program Assessment Committee - Academic Senate appoints members from academic community
- General Education Committee - Academic Senate appoints members from academic community
Dean of Academic Programs
- Business Administration
- Education, Health and Human Services
- Assessment Specialist, Cameron Stevenson (email@example.com)
- Humanities, Arts, Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Science and Mathematics
University Assessment Specialist, Melissa Simnitt (firstname.lastname@example.org)
How does assessment inform program review and general education?Two committees, formed out of the Academic Senate (PAC and GEC), are tasked with evaluating programs. Every program on the CSUSM campus participates in a systematic evaluation process, reviewed by PAC. Likewise, all general education courses offered on the CSUSM campus are evaluated and reviewed by GEC. These two committees assess each program and general education course, ensuring the best quality education is offered to our CSUSM students.
This website is currently under construction and some links may not be available. Contact the Office of Academic Programs at 760-750-8883 if you have questions or need information.