1. Use the scientific method to ask testable questions and to design and conduct laboratory,
field, or theoretical investigations to address these questions.
2. Apply knowledge of the major principles from the fundamental biological areas of 1) cellular and molecular biology, 2) genetics, 3) physiology, and 4) ecology and evolution.
3. Employ mathematical and computational skills to organize, analyze, and evaluate biological data.
4. Locate, determine the reliability of, critically evaluate and summarize scientific literature and other sources of biological information.
5. Communicate biological information in an appropriate written and/or oral format to both scientific and general audiences.