M.A. History Student Learning OutcomesStudents who graduate with a Master of Arts in History will have
1. Advanced understanding of historical theory and historiography and/or historical pedagogy.
2. Content knowledge in at least one area and/or subspecialty in the historical human experience.
3.Understanding of the critical study of the history of media/mass culture/new media technology.
4. Practice the application of some form of new media technology to the historical field.
5. Advanced historical research and writing skills.
6. Gain skills in presenting historical research to the public through one of more of these methods: traditional written research thesis, new media historically based project, historically based internship in a public or private agency, and/or in a experience in an educational setting.