- Career Center Home
- Career Center Directory
- Alumni Career Network
- Graduate Students
- Active Duty Military and Veterans
- Alumni Career Services
- Recruiting Services
- Drop-in Career Advising
- Career Counseling & Major Exploration
- Services for Non-Alumni Assoc Members
- Mock/Practice Interviews
- GEL Students
- Career Guide
- What can I do with this major?
Fee-based Alumni Career Services
(Non-CSUSM Alumni Association Members)
The Career Center is pleased to offer fee-based alumni career services to CSUSM Alumni. CSUSM Alumni may choose either the General Career Services and/or one Individual Career Service package (with a single one hour career counseling appointment). You can also access a comprehensive alumni career services by becoming a member of the CSUSM Alumni Association.
GENERAL CAREER SERVICES ($25/year)
- JOB LISTINGS are available online for career positions including part-time, internship, temporary and seasonal listings.
- RESUME CRITIQUES provide feedback on resumes, cover letters and graduate admissions essays.
- CAREER RESOURCE LAB provides access to books, periodicals, journals, directories, video tapes and reference materials.
- GRADUATE & PROFESSIONAL SCHOOL information is available on the application process and on individual programs.
- CAREER FAIRS are held throughout the year: Job Fair, Graduate and Professional School Fair, and Teacher Career Fair.
- CougarJOBS provides opportunities to interview with regional and national employers for career positions.
INDIVIDUAL CAREER SERVICES ($25/1-hour session)
- Career Counseling: One 1-hour appointment with a career counselor which may include a mock interview or the use of one assessment instrument:
- CHOICES is an interactive computerized career guidance program which incorporates self-assessments that match interests, skills and values to careers and provides information on occupations and colleges.
- MYERS-BRIGGS TYPE INDICATOR (MBTI) provides a personality assessment profile that includes information about values, relationships and potential careers.
- STRONG INTEREST INVENTORY is a widely used assessment based on the interests of individuals working in various occupations.
Additional individual career counseling and/or assessment services:
Any additional individual career counseling and/or assessment services are available to each CSUSM Alumni for a fee of $25 per visit to be paid directly to the CSUSM Career Center.