- Career Center Home
- Career Center Directory
- Alumni Mentor Network
- Graduate Students
- Active Duty Military and Veterans
- Alumni Career Services
- Mock/Practice Interviews
- GEL Students
- Career Guide
- What can I do with this major?
- Webshops & Career Videos
Fall 2014 Southern California Forum for Diversity in Graduate Education
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2014
An all-day event (approximately 8am-4pm)
Round-trip bus transportation from to UCSD will be provided, but you must register in advance.
Official registration for the event has closed; however, you may register to take the bus roundtrip from CSUSM. This does not guarantee admittance to the event. Admittance will be based on availability.
YOU MUST REGISTER AT BOTH WEBSITES FOR THIS EVENT:
1) To register for the roundtrip bus from CSUSM ONLY; AND
2) (Event registration closed)
What does the Forum have to offer you?
* Meet with representatives from over 100 of the nation's leading graduate schools
* Attend a variety of informative workshops and receive answers to your specific questions
* Enjoy a complimentary lunch and round-trip transportation to/from CSUSM
NOTE: This event is for all disciplines except MBA programs, medicine, dentistry, optometry, chiropractic, pharmacy, veterinary science, and law; all of which have their own recruiting networks.
What topics do the workshops cover?
* How to Select the Right Graduate School
* How to Prepare for and Apply to Graduate School
* How to Write a Winning Statement of Purpose
* How to Prepare for the GRE
* Sources of Funding for Graduate School
* The Role of Undergraduate Research in Graduate Admissions
* The Relation of the Master's Degree to the Ph.D.
* Keys to Success and Survival in Graduate School
* Graduate Education for Re-Entry Students
The Forum program will include discipline based workshops as well.
What transporation is provided?
* Students have the option of driving themselves or riding a bus to/from CSUSM.
* Bus transporation will leave Craven Circle (near the flagpole) at 7:30am; bus will return to campus by 5:30pm.
* Bottled water and breakfast snacks will be provided.
Map and Directions coming soon!
Click here for online map (includes directions to event, parking & event location)
Directions to the event
Should you have any questions or need further clarification, please call or email: