SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 7, 2015
For those of you who pre-registered to take the bus will be receiving your official confirmation by October 30th. Round-trip bus transportation to/from UCSB will be provided, but you must register in advance. The bus will leave CSUSM at noon on Friday, November 6. Students will be required to room in a hotel (provided by CSUSM). We will leave UCSB at approxiately 4:30pm on Saturday, November 7th (the day of the event) and should return to campus at approximately 9-9:30pm.
Location of Event: UC Santa Barbara (UCSB) An all-day event (approximately 8am-4pm)
**RT bus transportation requires overnight stay**
Mark your calendar for next year's event to be held at:
Loyola Marymount University
November 5, 2016 (SAT)
What does the Forum have to offer you?
* Meet with representatives from over 100 of the nation's leading graduate schools
* Attend a variety of informative workshops and receive answers to your specific questions
* Enjoy a complimentary lunch and round-trip transportation to/from CSUSM
NOTE: This event is for all disciplines except MBA programs, medicine, dentistry, optometry, chiropractic, pharmacy, veterinary science, and law; all of which have their own recruiting networks.
What topics do the workshops cover?
* How to Select the Right Graduate School
* How to Prepare for and Apply to Graduate School
* How to Write a Winning Statement of Purpose
* How to Prepare for the GRE
* Sources of Funding for Graduate School
* The Role of Undergraduate Research in Graduate Admissions
* The Relation of the Master's Degree to the Ph.D.
* Keys to Success and Survival in Graduate School
* Graduate Education for Re-Entry Students
The Forum program will include discipline based workshops as well.
What transporation is provided?
* Students have the option of driving themselves or riding a bus to/from CSUSM.
* Bus transporation will leave Craven Circle (near the flagpole) at 7:30am; bus will return to campus by 5:30pm.
* Bottled water and breakfast snacks will be provided.
Click here for online map (includes directions to event, parking & event location)
Directions to the event
Please read: (click on the blue link below)
Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity Agreement.
University of California, Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, CA 93106
Traveling North on the U.S. 101 Freeway:
Exit the 101 freeway at the Airport / UCSB (Route 217) off-ramp (approximately eight miles north of Santa Barbara) and proceed through the Henley Gate at the east campus entrance. Veer right onto Mesa Road and continue to the traffic signal on the corner of Mesa Road and Ocean Road. Make a left on Ocean Road. Once on Ocean Road make your first left into Parking Lot 18/Mesa Structure.
Traveling South on the U.S. 101 Freeway:
Exit the 101 Freeway at the Storke Road / Glen Annie Road (Exit 108) off-ramp (approximately 12 miles north of Santa Barbara). Turn right onto Storke Road and continue to El Colegio Road. Turn left onto El Colegio Road and proceed to Ocean Road. Turn left onto Ocean Road. Once on Ocean Road make right into Parking Lot 18/Mesa Structure (prior to the intersection of Ocean Road and Mesa Road).
There will be a $8 parking fee on Saturday, November 7, 2015 for students and visitors.
PARKING MAP: (click here)
Should you have any questions or need further clarification, please call or email: