- Career Center Home
- Career Center Directory
- Alumni Mentor Network
- Graduate Students
- Active Duty Military and Veterans
- Alumni Career Services
- Mock/Practice Interviews
- Career Assessments
- Mock/Practice Interviews
- Local Career Fairs
- Graduate School Resources
- GEL Students
- Career Guide
- What can I do with this major?
- Webshops & Career Videos
Instructions for Online Career Assessments
- Access the CPP Web Administration site
- Enter the following Login: csusm
- Enter the following Password: cougars
- Leave the "User ID" blank unless you are returning to complete an assesment, then click Enter
- From the menu, select the desired assessment (e.g., MBTI or STRONG), then click Take it!
- You will be prompted to fill out a demographics page.
- Choose the batch name (if any) you have been instructed to use.
- Provide the requested demographic information.
- Click CONTINUE
- Follow all directions to complete your assessment.
- Answer the questions as spontaneously as possible.
- Respond to every item.
- After completing the assessment, click DONE at the bottom of the page.
- If taking a break from an assessment, be sure to click Done so your responses will be saved and can be recovered when you resume.
- Write down the User ID number so you can resume and/or take additional assessments using the same User ID.
- Click Log Out and close your browser session
- Return to the assessment menu and follow the same process if you need to complete another assessment.
- If you have any questions during the self-administration process, please contact (facilitator's email address). Thank you for your participation.
Getting Started With “TypeFocus Careers” – Personality Inventory
1. Start at www.typefocus.com – click on the “New Users Start Here” link.
2. Complete the required information. For your access code, enter: Sm92
Record the following information to enter into the program each time:
3. Click "Submit" and you are now registered.
4. Now you are at your Homepage where there are directions to guide you through the program.
Click: “Self Assessments” and then "Personality Assessment". Click "Start" and complete the questionnaire.
5. When you are finished, you will see: "Your personality assessment completed successfully" followed by a "Personality Results" screen.
Click "Print Report" in the upper right corner. Bring this one-page "Personality Results" report to class or your career counseling appointment. This is the only report we will be using for the personality assessment.
6. You may come back in through the “Returning Users Login!” to return to the program.
7. If you want to change your Username and Password, this can be done by clicking on "My Account" in the top blue banner. Your email address cannot be changed.
Call the Career Center at 760-750-4900 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for your access code.
- Access the StrengthsQuest log-in site
- Click on the box labeled "New Users"
- Enter your access code (Contact the Career Center for your access code.)
- Enter the verification code (type the characters on the screen)
- Click "Continue with Registration"
- Proceed through the registration process (a valid email address is required)
- If you have technical problems, please contact the help line at 888-211-4040 or email@example.com