Career Readiness Initiative
The goal of the Career Readiness Initiative is to significantly increase the career readiness of the graduates of the College of Humanities, Arts, Behavioral and Social Sciences. We seek to expand the range of career options for graduates, improving the connection between the college and community members and encouraging faculty to be leaders in pedagogy and curriculum regarding career readiness in the liberal arts.
Career Mentoring Network
The Career Mentoring Network is seeking local professionals who would make great volunteer career mentors for our students during the 2014-2015 academic year. Contact Professor Katherine Brown, email@example.com, to refer a mentor prospect, or download our brochure for more information.
Students: Seeking an internship? Several departments in the College of Humanities, Arts, Behavioral and Social Sciences offer credit-bearing Internship courses.
- Do you have news related to the goals of the CHABSS Career Readiness Initiative from your work with students? Email news and success stories to share with the larger community to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Are you interested in learning more about a College-wide Internship course for majors/departments without a credit-bearing internship? Email email@example.com for more information.
StudentsWatch for news and updates on:
- Employer panels and other CRI events
- Applications for the Career Mentoring Network program for 2015-16
- “Hot jobs” updates from the Career Center about internship/employment opportunities for our majors
- Information sessions about CSU Internship programs like Cal State DC and the CSU Entertainment Industry Initiative