Alumni & Students in the News
Jackson Gaskins (Communication, Undergraduate) shares his compelling and personal story and challenges everyone to make a blood donation to save a life. Click here to watch his story
James Miller's (Lecturer, Visual and Performing Art) student, Amanda Umphrey, competitively submitted her graphic design to San Diego's 4th Annual Jewish Food Festival won. The following picture is of Amanda presenting her winning San Diego Jewish Food Festival 2013 Poster Design to Marine Room Chef de Cuisine and JFF Master of Ceremonies Ron Oliver:
Congratulations to our CHABSS student finalists for the Symposium on Student Research, Creative Activities, & Innovation! We wish you the best of luck when you travel to the Statewide Competition at Cal Poly Pamona on May 10-11, 2013!
- Amanda Gochez (Psychology, Graduate), with faculty mentor Dr. Keith Trujillo, Ultrasonic Vocalization in Rats in Response to Methamphetamine
- Carlos Gonzalez (Psychology, Undergraduate), with faculty mentor Dr. Keith Trujillo, Ketamine-Induced Conditioned Taste Aversion Differs in Adult and Adolescent Rats
- Alyssa Parisette (Psychology, Undergraduate), with faculty mentor Dr. Sara Bufferd, Parental Predictors of Shame and Guilt at Age 6 in a Multi-Method, Longitudinal Study
- Megan Rice (Psychology, Undergraduate), with faculty mentor Dr. Nancy Caine, Serpentine Shape Detection in Common Marmosets (Callithrix jacchus)
- Anthony Torretti (Political Science, Undergraduate), with faculty mentor Dr. Cynthia Chavez Metoyer, Motivated Skepticism in Voter Information Processing
Students of Michelle Holling (Associate Professor, Communication) had their competitively submitted papers accepted for presentation at the Western States Communication Association's Undergraduate Scholars Research Conference on February 15 in Reno, NV.
- Maricel Alamares, Junior and Communication major, "The Hunger Games": Inspiring Hegemonic Disenchantment.
- Chelsea Daniels, Senior and Communication major, Corporations Can Make Apologies.
- Amira El-Khaouli, Senior and Communication and Political Science major, Audience, Metaphors, and the 1995 State of the Union Address.
- Stephanie Martin, Junior and Communication major, Margaret Sanger: The Ungrateful Yet Successful Child of Chance.
- Joëlle Mestemacher, B.A. in Communication December 2012, Building Relationships, Creating Knowledge: The Cultivation of Professional Credibility and its Moderation by Gender in the College Classroom.
Katie Hanson and Eric Trockman, Seniors and Communication majors, had their competitively submitted paper, "Grief Work and the Utilization of Online Discursive Surface to Mourn and Memorialize" (2012, November) accepted for presentation. They presented it at the Western States Communication Association's Undergraduate Scholars Research Conference on February 15 in Reno, NV. Their faculty advisor is Dreama Moon (Professor, Communication)