- Pillai, R., Carsten, M. K., Deb, P., Dayaram, K., Tomei, P.A., Chi, Shu-Cheng, Cherry,
B., & Ulvenbad, P. I. (2015) “Transformational Leadership, justice, trust, and outcomes:
A study of Australia, Brazil, India, Taiwan, and Sweden”, Proceedings of Eastern Academy
of Management International Meeting, Lima, Peru.
- Lee, J. & Pillai, R. (2014) “Are Transformational Leadership and Ethical Leadership
Two Sides of the Same Coin? Best Paper Proceedings of the 2014 Academy of Management
National Meetings, Philadelphia, PA.
- Pillai, R. (2013) “Transformational Leadership for Crisis Management.” In Andrew
J.DuBrin (Ed.) Handbook of Research on Crisis Leadership in Organizations.
- Williams, E.A., Pillai, R., Deptula, B., & Lowe, K.B. (2012) The effects of crisis,
cynicism about change, and value congruence on perceptions of authentic leadership
and attributed charisma in the 2008 presidential election, The Leadership Quarterly,
- Pillai, R., Kohles, J.C., Bligh, M.C., Carsten, M., & Brodowsky, G. (2011) Leadership
in “Confucian Asia”: a three-country study of justice, trust, and transformational
leadership, Organization Management Journal, 8: 242-259.
- Bligh, M.C., Kohles, J.C., & Pillai, R. (2011) Romancing leadership: Past, present,
and future, The Leadership Quarterly, 22 (6): 1058-1077.
- Bligh, M. C., & Kohles, J. C. (2009). The Enduring Allure of Charisma: How Barack
Obama Won the Historic 2008 Presidential Election. The Leadership Quarterly, 20, 483-492.
- Ferrin, D. L., Bligh, M. C., & Kohles, J. C. (2008). It Takes Two to Tango: An Interdependence
Analysis of the Spiraling of Perceived Trustworthiness and Cooperation in Interpersonal
and Intergroup Relationships. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes,
- Pillai, R., Kohles, J. C., Bligh, M. C., Carsten, M., & Brodowsky, G. (2009). Leadership
in Confucian Asia: Similarities and Differences of Justice, Trust, and Leadership
Outcomes in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Winner of John Yanouzas Outstanding
Paper Award at the Eastern Academy of Management International Conference in Rio De
Janeiro, June 21-25, 2009
- Williams, E.A., Pillai, R., Lowe, K. B., Jung, D., & Herst, D. (2009). Crisis, Charisma,
Values & Voting Behavior in the 2004 Presidential Election, The Leadership Quarterly
- Pillai, R., Kohles, J. C., & Bligh, M. C. (2007). Through Thick and Thin? Follower
Constructions of Presidential Leadership Amidst Crises, 2001 - 2005. In Shamir, B.,
Pillai, R., Bligh, M. C., & Uhl-Bien, M. (Eds.).
- Follower-Centered Perspectives on Leadership: A Tribute to the Memory of James R.
Meindl. Greenwich, CT: Information Age Publishing.
- Ferrin, D. L., Bligh, M. C., & Kohles, J. C. (In Press). Can I Trust You to Trust
Me? A Theory of Trust, Monitoring, and Cooperation in Interpersonal and Intergroup
Relationships. Group and Organization Management.
- Bligh, M. C., Pearce, C. L., & Kohles, J. C. (2006). The Importance of Self and Shared
Leadership in Team Based Knowledge Work: A Meso-Level Model of Leadership Dynamics.
Journal of Managerial Psychology, 21(4).
- Kohles, J. C. (2005). Effective dialogue for strategic rewards. Published as part
of an international debate titled, "What do strategists actually do?" European Business
Forum, 21(1), Spring: 18-19.
- Bligh, M. C., Kohles, J. C., & Pillai, R. (2005). Crisis and Charisma in the California
Recall Election. Leadership, 1(3), 323-352.
- Bligh, M. C., Kohles, J. C., & Meindl, J. R. (2004). Charting the Language of Leadership:
A Methodological Investigation of President Bush and the Crisis of 9/11. Journal of
Applied Psychology, 89(3): 562-574.
- Bligh, M. C., Kohles, J. C., & Meindl, J. R. (2004). Charisma Under Crisis: Presidential
Leadership, Rhetoric, and Media Responses Before and After the September 11th Terrorist
Attacks. The Leadership Quarterly, 15(2): 211-239.