- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Statistics for Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Dynamic Pricing and Revenue Management
- Operations Management
- Foundation of Operations Management
- Decision Models
- Supply Chain Management
- Pricing and Revenue Management
- Business Statistics
- Project Management
- Location of Competitive Facilities
- Preventive Health Care System Design
- Service System Design
- Reverse Logistics
- Supply Chain Network Design
- Nonlinear Integer Programming
- Production and Inventory Planning
- Web Services Planning
- Online Game System Design
Dr. Aboolian is a Professor of Operations Management and the Chair of Operations and
Supply Chain Management Department. He received his Ph.D. in Operations Management
from Rotman School of Management at University of Toronto. He teaches Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Revenue Management, Business
Statistics, Project Management and Decision Models at undergraduate and MBA levels.
His research interests include Location of Competitive Facilities, Service System
Design, Reverse Logistics, Supply Chain Network Design, Nonlinear Integer Programming,
Production and Inventory Planning, Web Services Planning, and Online Game System Design
and his work has been published in leading journals such as INFORMS Journal on Computing,
Transportation Science, IIE Transactions, European Journal of Operational Research,
Journal of Operational Research Society and Annals of Operations Research. He not
only serves as a reviewer for many top quality journals, but also is in the editorial
board of the International Journal of Applied Management Science and the International
Journal of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management.
He is an active member of INFORMS (Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences). He has worked in
the industry for many years as an industrial Engineer and has consulted many elite
companies and organizations globally.
Papers in Referred Journals
- Aboolian R., T. Cui and M. Shen, "An Efficient Approach for Solving Reliable Facility Location Models," INFORMS Journal on Computing 25(4) (2013), 720-729.
- Aboolian, R., O. Berman and D. Krass, "Profit Maximizing Distributed Service System Design with Congestion and Elastic Demand," Transportation Science 46(2) (2012), 247-261.
- Aboolian, R., J. Leu and Y. Sun "Deploying a Zone-Based Massively Multiplayer Online Game on a Congested Network", International Journal of Information Systems and Supply Chain Management 5(1) (2012),
- Aboolian, R., Y. Sun, and G., J., Koehler, "A Location-Allocation Problem for a Web Service Provider in a Competitive Market", European Journal of Operational Research194(1) (2009), 64-77.
- Aboolian, R., O. Berman and Z. Drezner, "Multiple Server Center Location Problem", Annals of Operations Research 167 (2009), 337-352.
- Aboolian, R., O. Berman and D. Krass, "Efficient Solution Approaches for Discrete Multi-Facility Competitive Interaction
Model", Annals of Operations Research 167 (2009), 297-306.
- Aboolian, R., and S. Lou, "An Efficient Algorithm to Solve Base Station Location and Channel Assignment Problems
in a Cellular Network," International Journal of Management and Network Economics 1 (2009), 176-185.
- Aboolian, R., O. Berman and D. Krass, "Optimizing Pricing and Location Decisions for Competitive Service Facilities Charging
Uniform Price," Journal of Operational Research Society 59 (2008), 1506-1519.
- Aboolian, R., O. Berman and Z. Drezner, "Location-Allocation of Service Units on a Congested Network," IIE Transactions 40(4) (2008), 422-433.
- Aboolian, R., O. Berman and D. Krass, "Competitive Facility Location and Design Problem," European Journal of Operational Research 182(1) (2007), 40-62.
- Aboolian, R., O. Berman and D. Krass, "Competitive Facility Location Model with Concave Demand," European Journal of Operational Research 181(2) (2007), 598-619.
Papers in Conference Proceedings
- Aboolian, R., J. Leu and Y. Sun "On The Study of Establishing a Responsive Infrastructure
for a Massively Multiplayer On-Line Game," Proceedings of the Americas Conference
on Information Systems, San Francisco, August 2009.
- Aboolian, R. and S. Lou, "Locating Base Stations in a Cellular Network with Stochastic
Service Demand," Proceedings of the 10th WSEAS International Conference on Computing,
Athens, Greece, July 2006.
- Aboolian, R., Y. Sun, and G., J., Koehler "Web Service Provider Location, Sever Allocation
Problem in a Competitive Environment," Proceedings of the 2005 International Conference
on Industrial Engineering and Systems Management, Marrakech, Morocco, May 2005.
- Aboolian, R. and Y. Sun, "Optimum Positioning of Servers of Web Services in a Competitive
Environment," Proceedings of the Third Workshop on e-Business of Web2004 Conference,
Washington, D.C., December 2004.