|ACCT 201*||Financial Accounting|
|ACCT 202*||Managerial Accounting (Prerequisite: ACCT 201)|
|BUS 202*||Business Law|
|BUS 203*||Business Writing (Prerequisite: GEW 101)|
|BUS 204*||Business Statistics|
|MATH 132||Survey of Calculus (Prerequisite: MATH 115)|
- The Pre-Business Core (PBC) totals 24 units
- Fall 2014 Program Change Clarification
Due to the Fall 2014 change in the Business Administration program, we are following these guidelines for completion/evaluation of the pre-business core:
1) CoBA advisors will support catalog rights for students coming from a State of California community college with articulation agreements for Psychology or Sociology prior to Fall 2014
2) If a student has not yet taken Psychology or Sociology, we recommend that they take BUS 204 Business Statistics at CSUSM
3) Students who declare Business Administration for the first time in Fall 2014 at CSUSM or a State of California Community College will be required to take BUS 204 Business Statistics*
4) Students who have transfer coursework from outside of the State of California, you may submit a course syllabus for review to the CoBA Advising Office, Markstein Hall, Suite 126 once you have been admitted to CSUSM.
*Please check www.assist.org for Business Administration (Major) articulation agreements for Fall 2014. (We are currently in the process of reviewing course syllabi submitted.)
- All students admitted to CSUSM as a Business Administration major are initially classified as Pre-Business status
- The lower-division PBC is a prerequisite for Business Status and upper-division business courses
- The minimum acceptable grade in every Pre-Business course and business course is a 'C'
- The minimum acceptable GPA for lower-division PBUS core courses is 2.5
- Check actual Business Status Applications for transfer students for 2014
*Any courses completed more than 10 years ago must be repeated.