Complete the lower-division Pre-Business Core (PBC), then:
- Submit your Business Status Application with copies of transcripts to CoBA Advising when you are finished with the PBC. Business Status Applications will not be accepted for the same semester once classes have started (allow one week for processing).
- Refer to the ASSIST website for transfer course equivalencies.
- Important: In order for students to be made Business Status and able to register for upper-division business courses in their major option at Orientation, they must submit a completed Business Status Application, along with an unofficial transcript as proof of their final grades, to the CoBA Advising Office at least three days prior to attending an Orientation session. Applications turned in the day of Orientation will not be processed until the following business day.
Complete prior to attending an Orientation:
- Print the Option Checklist (shows course requirements for your chosen option) and upper division Suggested Course Sequence Sheet (shows recommended order in which the major requirements should be completed) for your chosen option and bring them with you.
- If your PBC is successfully completed, it is recommended that you follow the upper-division suggested course sequence sheets in building your schedule.
- If you will be finishing the PBC and need additional coursework, you might want to schedule one or more of the upper-division general education requirements (BB, CC, DD).
Utilize the Student Workload Worksheet to determine the maximum units you should take.
Prepare a tentative class schedule.
Visit the Student Life & Leadership website for Orientation information.
Apply for graduation near the end of your junior year or, at the latest, the start of your senior year.
Get to know the University Catalog early in your first semester here.
Periodically browse the Advising Announcements page.