2017 Scholarship Recipients
- Minimum GPA of 2.75
- Currently enrolled in the BPD program for 2017-18
- Maintain full-time enrollment (at least 12 units each semester) in both the fall 2017
and spring 2018 semesters and will continue to be enrolled full-time if awarded the
- Declared Pre-Business status or Business status at time of application
- Demonstrated success in completing the BPD program working with an assigned Executive
in Residence as defined by the program guidelines; EIR recommendation required
- Students must complete the following BPD assignments:
- Attended required workshops
- Submitted an Individual Development Plan
- Submitted a Personal Career Development Contract
- Completed and submitted the Assessments (TypeFocus, Skills, Passions)
- Submitted a Resume/Cover Letter
- Attended an Etiquette Dinner
- Completed a Mock Interview
- Completed the Pre-Career Plan Survey and Post-Career Plan Survey
In addition to having completed the BPD program successfully in conjunction with their
assigned EIR, students must complete an online application. Be prepared to submit
- Professional Photo
- Individual Development Plan
- Unofficial Transcript (you can download this from MyCSUSM)
- Essay - The essay should be no more than 1 page, double-spaced, and 12 point font.
The prompt is as follows:
- Describe how your career goals have developed, changed, or shifted during the BPD
program year. How have you been able to apply what you have learned in the BPD program
thus far, and how will you continue to develop and refine your professional and career
development skills throughout the remainder of your time as a student at CSUSM?
As a part of the review process, the selection committee will consult with all EIRs
to confirm each applicant's active participation in the BPD program. Finalists will
be invited to interview for the scholarship in the spring semester.
2017-18 Application Period
Fall participants may apply online between October 30-November 18, 2017. All assignments and recommendations
must be in by November 18, 2017.
Spring participants may apply between March 19-April 2, 2018. All assignments and recommendations must
be submitted by April 2, 2018.
Spring Participants Application