Professional Mentor Program
The CoBA Professional Mentor Program, coordinated by the CoBA Advisory Board, gives students a unique opportunity to learn directly from business professionals in a one-on-one relationship. This program will launch as a prototype in the Spring 2014 semester. Stone Brewery supports this inaugural program by hosting the Kick Off” and Wrap Up events.
Selected students (mentees) will each be paired with a professional mentor for one semester. Mentors are volunteers from organizations in the San Diego county area and will come from various industries and backgrounds.
Mentor and mentee pairs will decide how often to meet and the kind of activities they will do together. These activities could include, but are not limited to: career discussions, networking events, professional meetings, etc. Ultimately, the relationship is intended to help the mentee learn keys to success in their chosen field. We provide mentors and mentees with preliminary information and tips on how to make the most of their time together. Once the introductions are made, however, the progression of the mentorship is determined by the mentor and mentee.
To apply for this program students must meet the following criteria:
- Current CoBA student (business status) enrolled part-time or full-time
- Have a strong desire to be in a mentoring program
Preference will be given to students who have demonstrated some commitment to academic success, extracurricular involvement, and career readiness. Although GPA will be considered, CoBA will look at the overall application and not just GPA.
- Application Period - will re-open in April for Fall 2014 semester
- Program Orientation
- Program Kickoff Reception
- Program Wrap-Up
The application process consists of two steps:
1) Complete the online application linked below
2) Submit your resume and unofficial transcript in .doc or .PDF format on CougarJOBS (job ID #8530, "CoBA Mentee")
- Retrieve unofficial transcript from MyCSUSM, print document as a .PDF.
- Upload resume and unofficial transcript to your CougarJOBS profile first, then do a job search for "CoBA Mentee." Upload the resume and unoffical transcript to the posting.
Applications will not be considered if both steps have not been completed.
If you are a business professional in the San Diego area and would like to volunteer as a mentor in this program please click the button below and complete the registration form. If you have questions please contact us at 760.750.4270 or email us.