Markstein 125 is a state-of-the-art distance learning classroom and recording studio.
Markstein 125 supports seamless interactivity between the instructor and students
in this room and other locations around the world. It allows the integration of standard
teaching tools and media into the curriculum, with complete control and the ability
to archive course sessions for on-demand distribution.
Some room features include:
- Two-way compressed video over IP.
- Archiving of presentations and videoconferences. Encoding via MediaSite allows creation
of video and video synchronized with screen at both high-bandwidth for on-campus delivery
and low-bandwidth for delivery to broadband users off-campus.
- Large capacity. This room is rated at 120 students.
- Multiple video cameras (4) that can be pointed, tilted, and zoomed (PTZ) with touch
screen controls for the instructor.
- Audio input for instructor(s) and guests. Wireless and wired mics allow high-quality
audio recording. Up to eight panelists can be recorded as well as individual audience
- Operator control for complex events, with a remote system in the control room.
- Enhanced lighting for best production values, using theatrical lights with a control
- Attractive professional environment. Telephone in room for support.
- Attention to acoustics. Use of acoustic treatment on walls and carpeting on floors
to reduce echo. Reduction of noise sources, fans, etc. Most equipment is located in
an adjacent control room.