CSUSM Points of Pride
- CSUSM was honored at the 2012 Higher Education Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Best Practice Awards. The 2012 Best Practice Awards Competition for the Energy Efficiency Partnership Program seeks to highlight the achievements that California State University, University of California, and California Community College campuses have made through innovative and effective energy efficiency projects and sustainable operations. Read the full article...
- Through its nationally-acclaimed Community Service Learning program, nearly 3,500 CSUSM students annually log over 160,000 hours of community service valued at over $1.3 million.
- San Diego North Economic Development Council named CSUSM 2010 Community Partner of the Year in Education.
- CSUSM is ranked number 40 among the nation’s top universities for veterans by Military Times EDGE and designated a Military Friendly school by G.I. Jobs magazine.
- CSUSM was awarded the San Diego Excellence in Energy (SANDEE) award for a comprehensive energy conservation project that reduced consumption by more than 25 percent, saving nearly $600,000 in annual energy costs.
- California State University San Marcos was named the 2011 RecycleMania Grand Champion, marking the university’s seventh consecutive title victory. This year, CSUSM set an all-time record for the 10-week competition by achieving a 79.69 percent recycling rate.
- For a fifth time, CSUSM was named to “The President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.” The list recognizes universities for exemplary, innovative, and effective community service programs. CSUSM has received this coveted designation every year since the honor roll’s inception in 2006.
- California State University San Marcos has been recognized at the Challenge Level with a CAPE (California Awards for Performance Excellence) Award from the California Council for Excellence (CCE). CSUSM is among only one other institution in the California State University system to ever earn a CAPE award and the only university honored this year.
- The Corporation for National and Community Service awarded the CSU with a Learn and Serve America Higher education grant totaling $1.5 million. The grant, which will be shared by CSUSM as one of the designated campuses participating in the program, amounts to $500,000 annually over three years and will fund a new program, STEM SQUARED, to support service learning and promote student success in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) disciplines.
< Back to the Awards main page