- Computer Science Home
- B.S. Computer Science
- B.S. Computer Information Systems
- CS vs CIS Information
- CS Minor
- M.S. Computer Science
- Course List
- Useful Information for Current Students
- Computing Info
- Student Software Resources
- Lab Information
- Funded Grants
- Advising Faculty
- Alumni Group
- Alumni Success Story
- Student Advisory Board
- Contact Department of Computer Science
The Computer Science Department has the following laboratories:
- SCI2 302 - PC lab/Smart classroom (can use if a class is not meeting there)
- SCI2 206A - Graduate lab (open from 8am to 4pm to CSIS majors)
- SCI2 202A - CSIS Server room (housing our own servers)
The graduate labs are connected to an internal CS network as well as the campus network. Course and research servers are virtual or multiprocessor systems. Research workstations are PCs and SGIs.
Many of the CS classes use Empress (empress.csusm.edu) with the unix operation system RHEL5.5_i386:
- DEL PowerEdge 1955.
- Students use putty to log onto Empress to program in C++, Prolog, and Lisp.
- Students can use FileZilla to download files from Empress.
For Empress system faliures, please contact email@example.com
IITS manages the classroom labs. If you need anything changed in these rooms, please contact the IITS Help Desk.