- Computer Science Home
- B.S. Computer Science
- B.S. Computer Information Systems
- CS vs CIS Information
- CS Minor
- M.S. Computer Science
- Course List
- Useful Information for Current Students
- Useful Information for New Students
- Computing Info
- Student Software Resources
- Lab Information
- Funded Grants
- Alumni Student Advisory Board
- Employment Opportunities
- Contact Department of Computer Science
The Computer Science Department has the following laboratories:
- SCI2 302 - PC lab/Smart classroom (can use if a class is not meeting there)
- SCI2 206A - Graduate lab (open from 8am to 4pm to CSIS majors)
- SCI2 202A - CSIS Server room (housing our own servers)
The graduate labs are connected to an internal CS network as well as the campus network. Course and research servers are virtual or multiprocessor systems.
Many of the CS classes use Empress (empress.csusm.edu) with the unix operation system RHEL5.5_i386:
- DEL PowerEdge 1955.
- Students use putty to log onto Empress to program in C++, Prolog, and Lisp.
- Students can use FileZilla to download files from Empress.
- putty and FileZilla access to Empress is available only through cougarApps if you are off campus.
- pine (for email) is now available on Empress. But you need to set it up.
For Empress system faliures, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
IITS manages the classroom labs. If you need anything changed in these rooms, please contact the IITS Help Desk.