- Computer Science Home
- B.S. Computer Science
- B.S. Computer Information Systems
- M.S. Computer Science
- Learning Outcomes
- Degree Requirements
- Admissions Criteria
- Graduate Program Applications and Information
- Continuation in Masters Program
- Masters Candidacy
- Graduation Information
- Policies in Graduate Studies
- Graduate Studies Page
- CS vs CIS Information
- Course List
- Funded Grants
- Computing Info
- Student Resources
- Alumni Group
- Student Advisory Board
- Contact Us
Before applying, please be sure to look at the course taking-plan to determine if the number of years to complete the degree and the load to suitable for you.
A grade-point average of
- not less than 3.0 in the upper-division Computer Science courses AND
- not less than 2.5 in the last 60 semester units or last 90 quarter units.
Students must have completed equivalents of
- CS 311 (Data Structures; after CS111&211),
- CS 331 (Architecture),
- CS 351 (Programming Language),
- Physics 301 (Digital Circuits), and
- Math 270/370 (Discrete Math)
Some students with insufficient background in computer science may be admitted with the condition that they have to make up the undergraduate deficiencies. For details, click the FAQ link.
GRE (Updated Fall12):
The general test is required and the advanced test in Computer Science is encouraged. Our institution code for GRE - 4155. Our Dept. code for GRE - 0402.
All students must submit GRE scores when applying to the CS master's program. There are no exceptions. Minimum GRE required:
- V 350 (old) or 143 (new)
- Q 700 (old) or 155 (new)
- Analytical Writing 2.5
- If the student's undergraduate major was in Computer Science and his or her overall GPA was 3.0 or above, V and Q minimum GRE scores do not apply, but you are still required to take GRE.
- Analytical Writing score is used also todetermine whether the applicant needs to satisfy GWAR before advancing to candidacy. The minimum for GWAR is 3.5.
Check if TOEFL is required. Minimum TOEFL required:
- Paper: 550
- Online: 213
Minimum IBT required: