- Computer Science Home
- B.S. Computer Science
- B.S. Computer Information Systems
- CS vs CIS Information
- M.S. Computer Science
- Learning Outcomes
- Degree Requirements
- Admissions Criteria
- How to Apply
- Continuation in Program
- Advancement to Candidacy
- Policies in Graduate Studies
- Graduate Studies Page
- Course List
- Funded Grants
- Computing Info
- Student Resources
- Alumni Group
- Student Advisory Board
- Contact Us
Masters in Computer Science Latest Policy Annoucements
Graduate Admission Coordinator: Dr. Ouyang
Graduate Advising Coordinator: Dr. Yoshii
- Maximum of 9 units of Open University courses can be counted towards the master's degree, only upon approval by the graduate coordinator.
- Please be sure to fill out the Leave of Absence form if you will be going away for a semester. Visit the Graduate Studies web page.
- For financial aid information, please visit the Financial Aid office web site.
NEW: All projects will now be submitted electronically https://lib2.csusm.edu/subject-guide/193-CSUSM-ETD-Submission-Guide
NEW: All students who have completed 9 units toward the degree must submit the name of the advisor in the second week of Fall.
No exceptions. The advisor will help you choose classes to prepare you for a thesis or a project.
NEW: Please be sure to have the thesis/project proposal and independent study form completed in the semester before you take cs698 or cs699. Deadline: the 10th week. You must attach a copy of the signed candidacy form and the project/thesis proposal. Graduate Adivising Coordinator signs the candidacy form. Dept chair signs the Independent Study form.
NEW: Thesis/Project committee consists of 2 tenure track professors of CSIS (advisor + one). Third member from outside the department can be addred to provide expertise.