Applying for Graduation
When to apply for Graduation
- Master's degree candidates should file for graduation in accordance with the following schedule:
- For graduation at the end of the Fall Semester: November 15
- For graduation at the end of the Spring Semester: March 15
- For graduation at the end of the Summer Term: March 15
- Please note that if the above dates should fall on a weekend or holiday, the deadline will be at the close of business on the previous working day.
How to apply for Graduation
- Apply via MYCSUSM
- Once you have completed your requirements, the program/department and the Library will inform Registration and Records, who will review your file for completeness. Once everything is in order, Registration and Records will send you a letter.
- If you apply for graduation but then do not finish that term, you will need to submit two forms: (1) a Graduation Cancellation Form, and (2) a new graduation application. The Graduation Cancellation Form can be obtained from the Enrollment Services Information Center.