- Computer Science Home
- B.S. Computer Science
- B.S. Computer Information Systems
- M.S. Computer Science
- Sample Masters Presentations
- Graduation Information
- Learning Outcomes
- Degree Requirements
- Admissions Criteria
- Graduate Program Applications and Information
- Continuation in Masters Program
- Masters Candidacy
- Policies in Graduate Studies
- Graduate Studies Page
- CS vs CIS Information
- Course List
- Funded Grants
- Computing Info
- Student Resources
- Alumni Group
- Student Advisory Board
- Contact Us
Graduate Program Applications and Information
**Both Computer Science Master's Program Application package and University Application package must be received by:
- Application deadline for Fall semester: March 15th.
- Application deadline for Spring semester: November 15th.
We must have a complete application package by the deadlines for visa reasons of international students.
- STEP 1: University application form:
An online application is available through CSUMentor. Students educated solely outside the United States must use the paper version application form provided in PDF format.
STEP 2: Computer Science Master's Program application form:
Rich text format.
Checklist of Items to Turn In:To be turned in altogether as one package to Computer Science Graduate Coordinator, CSU San Marcos, San Marcos, CA 92096-0001
- A completed departmental application form
- Statement of purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
Submit them together with each recommendation letter in a sealed and signed envelope.To be turned in to Admissions and Records, CSU San Marcos, San Marcos, CA 92096-0001
- A completed California State University Graduate Admissions application form
- A copy of all official college transcripts. (These must be received directly from the registrar's offices of all colleges you have attended. They cannot be received from you).
- A copy of the official GRE score report. (This must be received directly from the Educational Testing Service).
- A copy of the official TOEFL score report from the testing service. (If English is not your first language)