- Dean of Students Home
- Cougar Care Network
- Care (Student Support)
- Student Outreach And Referral (SOAR) Home
- Orientation & New Student Programs
- Pre-Orientation Advising
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Pay for Orientation
- New Student Programs
- Orientation Team
- Contact Us
- Student Conduct
- Student Resources
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Additional Links
- Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drugs
- Civility Home
- Student Development Services
- Student Response Team
- Policies and Procedures
- Discrimination, Harassment & Retaliation Resources for Students
At CSUSM, we believe that Orientation is not just a one day event; it is a process. The modules and resources listed below have been created to help make your transition to CSUSM an easier one. Students must review these modules and links prior to attending Orientation. We are confident that the information provided will prepare you for the Academic Advising and Course Schedule building process at Orientation. The information will remain online throughout the academic year to serve as a resource to new and continuing students.
If you are an incoming student for Fall 2015, you may not have access to view the modules until a week prior to your scheduled Orientation. If you are attempting to view them now and can not gain access, it's okay! You will be provided access to view the modules in time for your Orientation this summer. Orientation reservations will open in May 2015 in MyCSUSM. Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page here for more helpful information.
Want to change your major before your Orientation? You can make the change when you reserve your Orientation session. If you have already reserved an Orientation and then want to make a change, you can do it in your MyCSUSM. View this link for a quick tutorial on how to change your major: Change of Major or Minor Tutorial.
Students can begin building their Fall 2014 course schedule with the assistance of two online systems. Students must be acquainted with these tools prior to attending Orientation:
1. Running your Academic Advisement Report (click here to view video)
2. Using the Schedule Assistant to find the class sections that meet your personal day/time needs (click here to view video). Official registration in courses will not occur until you attend Orientation.
To view helpful links mentioned in the advising modules, please visit the Undergraduate Advising Services website here.