- Dean of Students Home
- Dean of Students Directory
- Orientation & New Student Programs
- Pre-Orientation Advising
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Pay for Orientation
- New Student Programs
- Orientation Team
- Contact Us
- Student Outreach And Referral (SOAR) Home
- Student Affairs Home
- Civility Home
- Student Development Services
- Student Resources
- Faculty & Staff Resources
- Student Conduct
- Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drugs
- Policies and Procedures
- Discrimination, Harassment & Retaliation Resources for Students
- Additional Links
Some students plan to attend CSUSM and life happens. We welcome all returning students back to the CSUSM community! We do encourage any students who have been away from CSUSM for at least three years to attend Orientation again. Orientation reservations will open in MyCSUSM in early May 2014. Things change, the campus has changed, and we want to ensure students are as prepared as possible to return to CSUSM.
Many returning students will be eligible to register for courses without attending an Orientation. Students should check the Student Center in MyCSUSM for an enrollment appointment time. Please note that enrollment appointments will be assigned to students who have accepted their intent to enroll and paid their $150 enrollment deposit by May 1st. Returning students will have access to register for classes in early June. Students who choose not to attend Orientation will register for courses without the assistance of an academic advisor.
Returning students do not have to attend Orientation if:
- You have attended an Orientation since Fall 2011
- You have been enrolled at CSUSM at any point since Fall 2011 (enrollment as an Open University student does not count)
Important - regardless of dates of attendance, ALL returning students who are Pre-Health Science or Nursing majors must attend Orientation in order to reserve classes prior to the first day of the Fall 2014 semester.
Note regarding Academic Advising: Due to the busy nature of the Orientation season, returning students may not have the opportunity to receive academic advising assistance prior to registering for courses. Students who choose to not attend Orientation must pay close attention to payment deadlines and are responsible to adhere to those deadlines.