Welcome to Disabled Student Services
The aim of CSU San Marcos is to instill in its students the enthusiasm and curiosity, the creativity and originality, the healthy skepticism, and the habit of continuing inquiry that are central to all truly educated men and women. The goal is to enable them to realize their potential as enlightened individuals and productive members of society in a world of change.
The Office of Disabled Student Services (DSS) is located within Craven Hall in Suite 4300. The DSS staff are available for both walk-in and scheduled appointments Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Individuals wishing to call DSS can do so by dialing (760) 750-4905 or (760) 750-4909 (TTY) and our fax number is (760) 750-3445. Email inquiries can be sent to email@example.com.
Mission Statement and Goals
The Office of Disabled Student Services (DSS) is committed to providing opportunities forhigher education to students with disabilities and to making the programs, activities andfacilities at Cal State San Marcos fully accessible to students with disabilities.
- To ensure that campus policies address the needs of students with disabilities.
- To ensure that students with disabilities have full access to campus facilities andprograms.
- To improve the campus community’s awareness and understanding of students withdisabilities.
- To ensure that educational policies and curricula are accessible for students withdisabilities.
- To interact with other agencies in the community who provide services to individualswith disabilities to ensure the availability of all resources.
- To provide appropriate support services for students with disabilities to ensure theirparticipation in the full range of campus programs and activities.
- To involve students in assessing current needs, recommending new services, andexpanding existing services as needed.
- To ensure the campus remains physically accessible by providing valuable input tothose individuals responsible for future campus construction projects and themaintenance of the existing site.
- To collaborate with other campus units in providing outreach and retention services toall CSUSM students, including students from diverse populations.
For those of you interested in getting in touch with us by mail our address is:
Disabled Student Services
California State University San Marcos
San Marcos CA 92096-0001