Disability Related Information
- AHEAD Transition Resources A-Z
- AHEAD Resources for Students & Parents
- Americans with Disabilities Act - The Department of Justice maintains this site and provides information and technical assistance.
- DREAM - Disability Rights, Education Activism, and Mentoring) is a national organization for and by college students with disabilities, supported in our work by sponsoring organization of the National Center for College Students with Disabilities, based at AHEAD (the Association on Higher Education And Disability).
- gettinghired.com - a national employment & networking portal that uniquely connects job seekers with disabilities, employers committed to hiring job seekers with disabilities, agencies providing services to the disabled community, colleges and universities, and disability advocacy groups. Their mission is to create sustainable employment growth and opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology is a good resource for individuals interested in learning more about available resources for individuals pursuing a degree in the sciences.
- Equal Access to Software and information (EASI) - a non-profit organization, committed to the belief that students and professionals with disabilities have the same right to access information technology as everyone else.
- Office of Civil Rights - part of the U.S. Department of Education with the mission to ensure equal access to education and to promote educational excellence throughout the nation through vigorous enforcement of civil rights.
- National Federation of the Blind - an organization for individuals interested in learning more about the Blind community and the resources available to serve them.
- San Marcos Vet Center - services provided through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- www.rehab.cahwnet.gov/ - learn more about the California Department of Rehabilitation which works in partnership with consumers and other stakeholders to provide services and advocacy resulting in employment, independent living and equality for individuals with disabilities.
- The CA Transition Alliance website includes a wealth of links to all sorts of resources for students who are transitioning both into and out of college.