Master of Arts in Education
Educational Administration Option
The MA in Education degree with the Option in Educational Administration program qualifies candidates for the Tier I Preliminary Educational Administration Services credential. This program has a focus on K-12 education using a lens on cultural proficiency. Candidates also conduct meaningful field experience work in school settings. Candidates will develop skills and knowledge in all aspects of practice related to:
- Leading 21st century instruction
- Creating a responsive environment and community
- Managing budget, legal issues, and personnel
- Understanding and responding to data
- Engaging in sound theoretical and practical leadership philosophies
An information meeting for potential candidates applying for fall 2014 will be held Tuesday, May 13th from 4:00-5:00 pm at Chaparral High School room 323 in Temecula. The fall 2014 cohort deadline for applications is June 1, 2014.
The 2014-2016 cohort will meet on Monday nights from 4:30 PM to 9:00 PM.
For questions, please contact the School of Education at (760) 750-4277 or program coordinator Carol Van Vooren at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
- A cohort based program with a new cohort beginning each fall and meeting one night a week.
- A 24-unit credential program designed to be completed in 4 consecutive semesters, with 6 additional units for the master’s degree.
- The faculty are current and past administration leaders from San Diego and San Bernardino Counties.
- The program prepares candidates to take roles in leadership, including administration and teacher leadership.
- Includes 100 hours of K-12 school-based practicum to prepare participants for leadership roles.
Congratulations to our recent hires from the 2011-2013 cohort:
- Tina Hernandez ~ English Learners TOSA of Mission Hills High, San Marcos
- Michele Diekelman ~ Assistant Principal TOSA of El Camino High, Oceanside
- Steve Post ~ Assistant principal of Vista Magnet Middle School
- Albert Ngo ~ Assistant principal of Del Dios Middle School
- Aaron Nelson ~ Assistant principal of Aviara Oaks Middle School
- Jessica Morales ~ Assistant principal of Calavera Hills School
- Adam Carlin ~ Assistant principal of Stone Ranch Elementary School
- Kellie Fleming ~ Common Core TOSA, Vista Unified
- Sheryl Schmidt ~ Common Core TOSA, Vista Unified
Congratulations to the current Ed Admin candidate Cyrus Ortiz-Luis who was recognized recently at Vista High with the prestigious Honor V award.
|The Educational Administration program at California State University San Marcos is NCATE accredited.|