Master of Arts in Education
Educational Administration Option
The MA in Education degree with the Option in Educational Administration program qualifies candidates for the Tier I Preliminary Educational Administration Services credential. This program has a focus on K-12 education using a lens on cultural proficiency. Candidates also conduct meaningful field experience work in school settings. Candidates will develop skills and knowledge in all aspects of practice related to:
- Leading 21st century instruction
- Creating a responsive environment and community
- Managing budget, legal issues, and personnel
- Understanding and responding to data
- Engaging in sound theoretical and practical leadership philosophies
Orientation for the 2014-2016 incoming cohort:
CSUSM Master's Information Night & Mixer
Wednesday, August 20, 2014
4:30 PM - Campus tour starts in Cougar Central
5:00 PM - Resource fair and mixer in the USU arcade
5:45 PM - Graudate studies convocation in the USU outdoor amphitheater
6:30 PM - Educational Administration breakout session in MARK 105
Please join Drs. Van Vooren and Rosilez for the one hour breakout session at 6:30 PM in MARK 105 where you will meet your cohort members and learn more about the program. If you cannot attend that evening, please notify Dr. Van Vooren at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions, please contact the School of Education at (760) 750-4277 or program coordinator Carol Van Vooren at email@example.com.
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
- A cohort based program with a new cohort beginning each fall and meeting one night a week.
- A 24-unit credential program designed to be completed in 4 consecutive semesters, with 6 additional units for the master’s degree.
- The faculty are current and past administration leaders from San Diego and San Bernardino Counties.
- The program prepares candidates to take roles in leadership, including administration and teacher leadership.
- Includes 100 hours of K-12 school-based practicum to prepare participants for leadership roles.
Congratulations to the Educational Administration program recent hires:
- Mathew Centofranchi ~ Assistant Principal, Beaumont High School
- Lindsey Duncan ~ Teacher on Special Assignment, Fallbrook Union
- Christy Flores ~ Assistant Principal, Twin Oaks Elementary
- Brian Frost ~ Assistant Principal, San Onofre K-8, Fallbrook Union
- Leandro Galaz ~ Assistant Professor, CSUSM
- Shannon Garcia ~ Principal, Bobier Elementary, Vista Unified
- John Livingston ~ Athletic Director, San Elijo Middle School
- Stephanie McIntire ~ Principal, Valley Center Elementary
- Cyrus Ortiz-Luis ~ ASB Director, Mission Vista High School, Vista Unified
- Inelda Luna ~ Teacher on Special Assignment, Fallbrook Union
- Harmeena Omoto ~ Assistant Principal, Meadowbrook MS, Poway Unified
- Melanie Paliotti ~ International Baccalaureate Primary Years Coordinator, Vision and Performing Arts, Vista Unified
- Wes Sechrest ~ Teacher on Special Assignment, San Marcos Unified
- Julie Steitz ~ Assistant Principal, Meadowbrook MS, Poway Unified
- Jeremy Walden ~ Assistant Principal, Mission Vista High School, Vista Unified
|The Educational Administration program at California State University San Marcos is NCATE accredited.|