Master of Arts in Education
Educational Administration Option
The MA in Education degree with the Option in Educational Administration program qualifies candidates for the Certificate of Eligibility for the Preliminary Educational Administration Services credential. This program has a focus on K-12 education using a lens of cultural proficiency. Candidates also conduct meaningful field experience work in school settings. Candidates will develop skills and knowledge in all aspects of practice related to:
- Leading 21st century instruction
- Creating a responsive environment and community
- Managing budget, legal issues, and personnel
- Understanding and responding to data
- Engaging in sound theoretical and practical leadership philosophies
- Developing a culture of continual school improvement
For more information, please contact Andi Shibata in CEHHS Student Services at (760) 750-4292 or program coordinator Carol Van Vooren at email@example.com.
Educational Administration classes
August 31st for Year 2 cohort
September 1st for Year 1 cohort
All classes will meet at:
San Marcos Elementary School
PROGRAM AT A GLANCE
- A cohort based program with a new cohort beginning each fall and meeting one night a week. The 2015-17 cohort will meet on Tuesday nights.
- A 24-unit credential program designed to be completed in 4 consecutive semesters, with 6 additional units for the master’s degree.
- The faculty are current and past administration leaders from San Diego and San Bernardino Counties.
- The program prepares candidates to take roles in leadership, including administration and teacher leadership.
- Includes 100 hours of K-12 school-based practicum to prepare participants for leadership roles.
Congratulations to the Educational Administration program recent hires:
- Albert Ngo - Principal, Del Dios Academy of Arts and Sciences, Escondido UHSD
- Mara McLeod - Assistant Principal, Digueño Middle School, San Dieguito UHSD
- Soo Yeohn De Santiago - Assistant Principal, Olympian High School, Sweetwater UHSD
- CJ Port - Assistant Principal, Roosevelt Middle School, Vista USD
- Carola Humerez-Solano - Summer School Principal of Migrant Education, Vista USD
- Robbie Shultz - Assistant Principal, Carmel Valley Middle School, San Dieguito UHSD
- Sheryl Schmidt - Assistant Principal, Grapevine Elementary, Vista USD
- Wes Sechrest - Assistant Principal, Jolie Ann Liechtag Elementary, San Marcos USD
- Jessica Morales - Principal, Carmel Del Mar Elementary, Del Mar USD
|The Educational Administration program at California State University San Marcos is NCATE accredited.|