- College of Education, Health and Human Services
- School of Education (SoE)
- About the SoE
- Students: New & Continuing
- Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) Assessment Data
- Outreach/ Partnerships
- Programs Offered
- Middle Level Credential
- Multiple Subject Credential
- Single Subject Credential
- Special Education Credential
- Special Education Add-On Credential
- MA - Educational Administration Option
- MA - General Option
- MA - Literacy Education
- MA - Special Education Option
- Ed.D. - Educational Leadership
California Supplementary Authorization - Computer Concepts & Applications
Regardless of where you live in the state, you may now fulfill the credential supplementary authorization requirements by completing four 3-unit graduate-level courses in Computer Concepts and Applications. The program is collaboratively offered by the School of Education and Extended Learning.
WHAT IS IN IT FOR ME?
- Graduate units can be applied toward a master's degree at CSUSM.
- Demonstrate computer skills beyond current State of California requirements.
- Gain skills and confidence in integrating technology into the classroom.
- Experience online learning in a collaborative environment.
Completion of the following four courses (grade 'C' or better) is required to obtain a CSA in Computer Concepts and Applications. All courses are delivered in an online format for convenient access and flexible scheduling.
- Current Issues and Research in Educational Technology (EDST 630)
- Hardware Operations and Function to Support Teaching & Learning (EDST 635)
- Software and Web Site Evaluation and Tools (EDST 636)
- Instructional Technology Planning and Management (EDST 637)
*This program is approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
For additional information: