- College of Education, Health and Human Services
- School of Education (SoE)
- About the SoE
- Students: New & Continuing
- Educator Preparation Provider (EPP) Assessment Data
- Outreach/ Partnerships
- Programs Offered
- Middle Level Credential
- Multiple Subject Credential
- Single Subject Credential
- Special Education Credential
- Special Education Add-On Credential
- MA - Educational Administration Option
- MA - General Option
- MA - Literacy Education
- MA - Special Education Option
- Ed.D. - Educational Leadership
Multiple Subject (Elementary) Credential
Full-time Multiple Subject Credential Program with Authorization to Teach English Learners
The Multiple Subject Credential Program is designed to prepare teachers to work with students in grades K-12 with responsibility for all subject areas in a self-contained and core classroom. Teachers holding a Multiple Subject Credential are most often assigned to preschool and elementary school classrooms.
This program has been specifically designed to prepare teachers for the diversity of languages often encountered in California public school classrooms. The Authorization to Teach English Learners is met through the infusion of content and experiences within the Multiple Subject Program, as well as additional coursework. Students successfully completing this program receive the Preliminary Multiple Subject Credential with Authorization to Teach English Learners.
A two semester program, the Multiple Subject Program provides coursework in learning and instruction, content area methodology correlated with field experiences and clinical practice in conjunction with the Authorization to Teach English Learners. The School of Education is specifically committed to providing students with opportunities to learn innovative teaching practices and put these methods to work with children.