California On My Honor:
Institutes & Workshops for Teachers
California On My Honor is a statewide collaboration between the Administrative Office of the Courts, Judicial Council of California and California State University San Marcos. The purpose of this statewide program is to enhance the understanding of civic education, especially as it relates to the judicial branch, for teachers from grades kindergarten through twelve.
Summer Institutes (five days) are held for teachers in the southern region of the state in San Diego, at the Hall of Justice at the Superior Court of San Diego; teachers from the northern region meet at The Administrative Office of the Courts in San Francisco. All teacher participants meet for a follow-up and a sharing of developed units at the Administrative Office of the Courts in the fall semester.
Court Connections Workshops (one day) are planned throughout the state to enable teachers to learn about resources and programs provided by their local court and other law-related personnel in their communities.
Join our professional learning community of educators statewide who are interested in improving their practice and offering rich social studies programs that meet California History Social Science Standards, helping to close the civic education gap! Leadership opportunities are available for interested teachers who want to join this movement.
Fran Chadwick, Ed.D.
Associate Professor of Social Studies Education
CSU San Marcos, School of Education
Executive Director, California On My Honor
Court Connections Workshops:
- Sacramento County ~ March 14, 2011
- Contra Costa County ~ March 9, 2011
- Humboldt County ~ February 10, 2011
- Santa Barbara County ~ November 19, 2010
- Orange County ~ October 26, 2010
- San Diego County ~ March 5, 2010
- Summer 2011 Civics Institute
- Summer 2010 Leadership Institute
- Summer 2009 Civics Institute
- Summer 2008 Civics Institute
- Summer 2007 Civics Institute
- Summer 2006 Civics Institute