If there are changes to any of the information contained on this application after submission, it is your responsibility to notify Extended Learning at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DO NOT HIT THE SUBMIT BUTTON until after you have entered all required data. You will not be able to revise your application after you submit it.
Thank you for inquiring about the Professional Science Master's in Biotechnology (PSMBt) at CSUSM!
Now that we have received your application, additional documentation is required in order to be considered for this new and exciting program.
The additional requirements are as follows:
1. One set of official transcripts from ALL colleges or universities attended sent directly from the institution to Extended Learning at address below. Do not open any transcripts as they will be considered "unofficial." Note: International students will need to have their foreign transcripts evaluated by a CSUSM Approved Foreign Transcript Evaluation Agency. A list of approved Evaluation Agencies can be found at: http://www.csusm.edu/el/degreeprograms/absn/documents/ApprovedForeignEvaluationsAgencies.pdf.
2. Official scores reports of the General GRE; our institution code is 4626- CSUSM MS Biotech.
3. All applicants, regardless of citizenship, who do not possess a bachelor's degree from a post-secondary institution where English is the principal language must satisfy the English language proficiency requirement via one of the three following methods:
a. TOEFL passing score: A score of 80 iBT, 213 computer-based or 550 paper-based. Writing scores above 15 on the iBT TOEFL will be considered on a competitive basis. Test scores must be sent directly from ETS, please visit the ETS website at http://www.ets.org/toefl for detailed information and test locations. Our school code is 5677.
b. IELTS passing score: An overall band score of 6. Be sure to let us know when you take the test and provide us with your Test Report Number (TRN) so we can electronically download the scores. Please visit the IELTS website at www.IELTS.org for testing dates and locations.
c. ALCI TOEFL waiver: If you are interested in applying for conditional admission through our American Language Culture Institute (ALCI) (English Language Program), please be sure to contact Jill Litschewski (760) 750-8705. You can learn more about conditional admission through ALCI by visiting the ALCI website at www.csusm.edu/alci.
4. Two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant's capacity for academic and professional success. You or the person writing the recommendation are welcome to email me the letter directly as an attachment as long as it is signed by and includes contact information of the person recommending you.
5. One-page personal statement describing your reasons for pursuing the Professional Science Masters of Biotechnology as well as any additional information that you feel would be valuable to the Review Committee. This can be emailed to me directly.
All documents detailed above must be submitted directly to the CSUSM Extended Learning offices as soon as possible.
California State University San Marcos
ATTN: Extended Learning, Jill Litschewski
333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Road
San Marcos, CA 92096-0001
If you are interested in Financial Aid funding, it is recommended that you submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible. The application is available here:www.fafsa.ed.gov. School Code for CSUSM: 030113. You may also find helpful financial aid information on the CSUSM website at: http://www.csusm.edu/finaid/apply_for_finaid/index.html
Thank you for your interest in this program. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me at 760.750.8705.
We look forward to reviewing your application and wish you the best of luck!
Director, Science and Mathematics Programs
Office of Extended Learning
California State University San Marcos
Phone (760) 750-8705
Fax (760) 750-3138