About the Program
Attain a solid understanding of the myriad details and behind-the-scenes considerations needed to ensure your meeting or event is a tremendous success!
If you are.....
- Interested in learning more about the meeting and event planning industry as a potential career
- Currently responsible for planning and implementing meetings and events
- An experienced meeting and event planning professional looking to update your skills
- A business owner looking for ways to expand your services and value to your clients
- A hospitality industry professional or industry supplier
Then this is the program for you!
- Fundamentals of Meeting & Event Planning
- Successful Logistical Planning
- Food and Beverage Essentials
- Legal Issues for Event Planners
- Finance and Budgeting Essentials
- Presentation & Communication Skills for Event Planners
- Project Presentations
Career Perspectives (select three):
- Social Media for Event Planners
- Event Marketing
- Hotel Operations & Destination Marketing
- Independent Meeting Planner
- Wedding Planning for Planners
Temecula classes meet Monday/Wednesday evenings at CSUSM at Temecula from 6-9:30pm
San Marcos classes will resume in fall 2015
Fee: $149 Individual Classes ~OR~ $1490 entire Certificate (plus textbook)
CSUSM Alumni & Students receive a 15% savings! Call our office to register!
Continuing Education Units: Each course is approved for .7 CEU. This program fulfills 6.3 "Meeting Management" points toward initial Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) application. Please visit www.conventionindustry.org for additional information. These classes may also be applied toward Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) Certification.
Textbook: Professional Meeting Management, 5th edition. ISBN #9780757552120