SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification Preparation Course
Earn the New Standard in HR Certification
This is an exciting and pivotal time in the HR profession. Now, more than ever, HR teams are required to assume a greater leadership role, contributing to the strategic direction of their organization. The HR profession is no longer just about what you know–but how you do your job.
Establish yourself as a globally-recognized human resource expert by earning the new standard in HR certification: SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP™) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP™). These professional certifications can open doors for professional advancement, serve to harmonize standards with changing expectations and signal to employers advanced professional development. They reflect what HR practitioners need to know to be leaders in their organizations and in the profession.
To ensure you are prepared, this review course is designed for SHRM credential candidates. Expand and test your knowledge and practical, real-life competencies in areas critical for HR career success.
This intensive twelve week program combines expert instruction with the SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, so you will learn faster, retain more knowledge and stay on track for success on the exam.
Why Enroll in This Course?
Offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the curriculum is designed by global subject matter experts and covers the entire SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™) which encourages HR professionals to acquire the Competencies and Knowledge they'll need to effectively perform their jobs and achieve career success. Our course is designed to help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining the best exam preparation system with expert instruction and peer discussion.
As part of your course, you will receive the 2016 SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP. Comprised of comprehensive learning modules in print and e-reader formats, and advanced online resources, these study materials streamline study time, accelerate learning and build confidence for passing the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam.
By attending this course, you'll benefit from:
- An experienced, certified instructor
- The SHRM Learning System, historically ranked the #1 HR certification prep tool
- Ability to acquire the knowledge and understand the behavioral competencies to help you prepare for the exam
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers
- Tuition reimbursement and up to 36 professional development credits (PDCs)
Who Should Enroll in This Course?
This certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification. Intended Audiences also include
HR practitioners, staff and professionals seeking advancement in employee relations, benefits, or compensation, training and development . This is an excellent capstone programs for those who have completed the Cal State San Marcos or other HR Management Certificate programs.
Certification is a great choice for HR professionals who want to:
- Increase their knowledge
- Advance their skills
- Earn recognition from the global community
- Applicants must show that they have worked in an HR role for more than 1,000 hours within a calendar year, which equates to 1 year of experience.
- HR experience may be in an HR exempt or nonexempt capacity.
- Applicants with a graduate degree (or global equivalency) in HR must currently be employed in an HR role.
- HR experience may be classified directly, as working in an HR role, or indirectly, by consulting, educating or researching HR practices linked specifically to human resource management.
- SHRM membership is not required.
The SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP includes five modules covering the comprehensive SHRM BoCK so you’ll learn everything you need for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam.
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee Relations
- Technology & Data
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. only)
- Business & HR Strategy
Program Requirements: There are no admission requirements to take this program, however certain criteria must be met for participants taking the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam
HR Certification Information
SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Exam Requirements: To apply for either the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP, candidates must have a combination of education and professional HR experience. For more information, visit www.SHRMcertification.org
PHR/SPHR Exam Requirements: Visit the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) Web site at http://www.hrci.org/ for additional information.